“Clay Expressions” exhibition is now open at Kapiti Gallery, featuring work by our Pottery Group members, including guest artist Storm Davenport. Storm, a painter and sculptor, has spent fourteen years exhibiting throughout the Wellington region and greater North Island with work being held by many collectors both nationally and internationally.
Showing work her in galleries, art shows, fundraisers, community events and awards, she has won awards in both painting and ceramics.
Specializing in ceramic sculpture, she works from her home studio in Paraparaumu Beach where she has a gallery open to the public by appointment. Her work is inspired by ancient lost civilizations, and traditional firing techniques used to create refined but rustic artworks that tell a story.
From small wall-hung works to seven foot tall outdoor sculptures her works include:
- The Warrior series: life sized warrior heads, breast plates and weaponry
- Oceanic Life series: with whales, sharks, stingrays, jellyfish and kina
- Animal series: white Rhino, bulls, war horses, buffalo, bear, warthog, mammoth, bees
Large outdoor totem series:
- Black Arts
- Life’s Backbone
Current series exploring themes of human contact and connection
Collaborative lighting artwork series with artist Peter Robson
Some examples of fundraising work are:
- 5 years of gifted artworks to The Wellington Supper Club Auction for Ronald Ma Donald House with sales of over $10,000 gifted.
- Ronald MacDonald Retreat Fundraising event 2015 gifted a painting which sold for
- Wellington hospice Art from the Heart exhibition 2020
- Kapiti Vaulting art show fundraiser The Vault, set up plus donation of commission 2019
- Wellington Free Ambulance Art Show Fundraiser Artrove 2017 & 2018
CURRENTLY SHOWING AT:
- Red Peach Gallery, Ahuriri, Napier
- Artmospere Gallery, Waipawa
- Artel Gallery, Otaki
- Kāpiti Gallery, Raumati Beach
Images below include Storm’s current work and items exhibited at Kāpiti Gallery 2017 – 2019.